Brine your wings 12 to 24 hours, I always try to get as close to 24 hours as I can.
- 1/3rd cup Salt – desolve in water
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- Few shakes to Tabasco
- Few shakes of Carole seasoning (Tony Chachere’s or Slap Ya Mama)
- Garlic & onion powder (requirement for all recipes!)
Place chicken in the brine, and water if needed to cover the chicken completely. If the chicken is frozen let thaw some before placing in the fridge.
After sitting in the brine over night, dry off chicken. Toss chicken in teriyaki sauce to coat.
- Cayenne pepper (do to family’s taste, this is what makes the wings hot!)
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Creole seasoning (Tony Chachere’s or Slap Ya Mama)
Smoke with cherry wood. Grill needs to be between 250 and 275 degrees.
Place chicken seasoned side down, and season the raw side that is showing. And cover and cook for 15 minutes.
When the timer is up baste chicken with BBQ sauce. We use sweet baby Ray’s (unfortunately it has high fructose corn syrup, I’m going to start trying to make my own to replace this)
Remember to pat the sauce on, because brushing the sauce on will wipe off your seasoning!
Cover and cook 20 minutes, flip and baste again. You can baste up to 3 times 20 minutes each. If you like a slightly barky bbq do the 3 times, if not just do twice.
Take them off and enjoy!
Have you subscribed to my video channel yet? If not, please do!
Rumble will be posted once approved.